Carolina Demography quickly assesses client needs and develops client-specific demographic research design using a range of research tools, including:
- Refining research questions and developing the research agenda
- Reviewing existing literature and theory
- Identifying available sources of data
- Analyzing relevant policy and practices
- Developing plans for data collection, sampling, and analysis
Carolina Demography specializes in the integration of data from existing data sets such as the U.S. Census, American Community Survey, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Consumer Population Survey, Internal Revenue Service, Local Employment Dynamics and Quarterly Workforce Indicators, Survey of Income and Program Participation, and data from state agencies, including the Office of Management and Budget and the Center for Health Statistics.
In addition, we can provide comprehensive support for data collection efforts ranging from survey design through survey implementation and analysis. Qualitative data collection such as case studies and focus groups can also be conducted. The Carolina Population Center has extensive experience collecting and managing sensitive data that require confidential and secure handling.
Carolina Demography offers a diverse set of skills in data analysis and statistical analysis:
- Population estimates and projections
- School enrollment projections
- Time series models
- Survival analysis
- Multilevel modeling
Analytical packages used include Stata, SAS, and R.
Carolina Demography draws on the Carolina Population Center’s nearly two decades of expertise in spatial analysis to provide geographic context to demographic processes. Spatial analysis capacities include:
- Spatial analyses and measurements
- Remotely sensed image analysis
- Spatially explicit simulation modeling
- Map design and visualization
Most policy decisions made by government agencies and businesses have a demographic component. Carolina Demography can assist by:
- Analyzing the impact of current and proposed policies on specific populations of interest
- Identifying potential policy responses to demographic change
- Evaluating what-if scenarios
Contact us today at email@example.com or (919) 962-6151 for a free consultation.